Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sam was over today.....

It was a nice little family reunion. Sam remembered me when I picked him up and when we got home he made a bee line straight for the door to the backyard and his curly blonde girlfriend. He certainly didn't forget us! But I was nicely surprised at how much his hair has grown in. He is about 3 years old now and "fully matured". So I guess there is hope that pups like Ruby might actually end up with some hair after all!

They are in love!

He looks pretty happy! I think he likes coming to visit.

Ruby is so much like her dad. After spending time with Sam again, I noticed all the little things they have in common. The noise she makes when she yawns, the look they both give Sutter when she is trying to boss them around (whatever?).

I tried to keep Ruby inside so her parents could have some alone time....but she was crying and barking and wanted out with them so bad, I finally relented and let her out. It didn't seem to bother the love birds at all. And she followed her dad around like his little shadow.


Look at all his hair! What a cute shaggy guy! I felt like I was giving up some of the doodle looks by using Sam as the stud but I was so happy with his temperament and the temperament of his pups, I was willing to forgo the doodle look for a more golden retriever look. But now I think I got the best of both worlds. His hair just took a little time to grow in!




1 comment:

  1. ahhhh cute!!!! congratulations!
    the Boardman's

    ReplyDelete